Techint E&C carried out its first project in Uruguay between 1948 and 1949: the construction of substations on the Eastern Circuit, while, almost in tandem, it was awarded the setting up of a power line between Montevideo and Santa Lucía.
In the year 1965 and already having several positive experiences behind, Techint E&C opened its offices in Montevideo.
The company has developed more than 150 projects in Uruguay, the majority of them in highway and power undertakings. At present time, the company has 1,700 direct collaborators in the country.
MAIN PROJECTS BY DECADE
- Expansion of La Teja Refinery
- Sanitation of Maldonado and Punta del Este
- Sanitation of Montevideo, Work III
- Remodeling of La Teja Refinery
- Laguna del Sauce Airport
- Campus de Maldonado Soccer Stadium
- Parque Roosevelt Commercial Center
- Medium and low voltage lines in different areas
- Sanitation in the city of Rosário
- Salto Grande Hydroelectrical Power Plant
- Installation of 21,000 telephone lines in Montevideo
- Highway 9, section IV, Rocha – April 19th
- 32 km long Interbalnearia Highway
- Baigorria-Montevideo power line, 250 km in length
- Installation of 52,000 devices in the Montevideo telephone network
- Resurfacing of streets in the city of Montevideo
- Long distance telephone lines